To determine if you have mental health coverage, the first thing you should do is check with your insurance carrier. Check your coverage carefully and find the answers to the following:
- What are my out patient mental health benefits?
- Check to see if I am in your network, just give them my full name and they should be able to tell you.
- If I am not in your network, ask what are your out of network benefits.
- What is the amount you will be expected to pay at each therapy session?
- Find out if you have a deductible and if so how much?
- How many therapy sessions does my plan cover?
- Is there any type of approval that is needed for your therapy to be covered?